Goodness gracious. Where does one even begin? Discomfort is an umbrella term for so many feelings and ranges anywhere from pain to creeped out to having the incredible urge to pee. I think I'll just take Jenni's (creater of this Blog Everyday in May Challenge) advice and try not to take it too seriously.
So without further ado, here are five items that make me quite squeamish and uncomfortable.
1. Bleeding/blood. This makes me sooo squeamish! Yechhh!!! I can't stand seeing things bleed. I always look away when I'm having blood drawn or whenever I'm donating blood.
2. Bugs/Creepy Crawlies. What can I say? I'm a wimp. By the way, this include butterflies. I run like the wind if I see any flying near me.
3. When I'm told I'm beautiful. I'm not sure why this makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps I'm still working on that insecurity and self esteem. But when I'm told I'm beautiful I either blow it off with a joke or I just get really quiet. It's almost like I don't really believe it, so I can't imagine how anyone can really think so...
4. Marketing myself. In the beauty industry, getting clients is a lot about marketing yourself, walking up to people and convincing them to let you do their hair and makeup, that sort of thing. Again, this may be an insecurity thing but it just feels wrong to brag so much and pull people in like that. I've got a lot to learn if I'm to survive as a hairdresser and makeup artist.
5. Being unprepared/uncertain. This can apply to gigs, to life, anything. With that said, I don't like to plan out every detail of my life but for gigs, I like to know all the details before I dive in. And with life...well...that's another story. I'll save it for one of the later Blog Everyday in May prompts.
I intentionally tried not to list the most common things people are uncomfortable with such as stalkers, homeless people on the street, etc. If you have something that makes you feel uncomfortable that most people find odd, feel free to share!