Monday, December 3, 2012

FOTD: Blogger Beauty

I truly hate how my eyes are so uneven.  I've noticed that this is a common trait amongst us, Asians: our right eye tends to be slightly hooded while our left eye is "normal," making our right eyes seem smaller than the left.  It really screws me over when I do my makeup.  And what's more frustrating is that I don't see how different my makeup looks on each eye until I take pictures and check it out myself.  This is probably because I'm too busy squinting at the mirror without my glasses.  Argh.

In any case, I find my eye makeup very very boring.  Always have.  When I'm in a rush, it's always so much easier to throw on something natural that I know will work.  I had a bit of extra time today so I threw on some colors I tend not to reach for: pink, yellow, and orange.

I originally wanted to do a bright pink look, but I thought orange and yellow would go well with the pink so I threw that into the mix as well.  I made an attempt at a cut crease which ended up being very sloppy, but ah well.  I will do better next time!



Face:
-Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
-Lancome Teint Idole Foundation in Bisque 4
-Cover FX Setting Powder in Light
-NARS Laguna Bronzer
-NARS Blusher in Deep Throat

Eyes:
-UDPP in Eden
-Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
-Fyrinnae e/s in Blogger Beauty
-Sugarpill Burning Heart Palette: Flamepoint and Buttercupcake
-UD e/s in Blackout
-UD 24/7 Liner in Zero
-Inglot Gel Liner 77
-CoverGirl Waterproof LashBlast Volume

Lips:
-Inglot 150

This will probably be my last post for a little while.  I have finals this week and my Cosmetology state board exam on Thursday.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janny, I love the colorful combination!
    I wouldn't have noticed your uneven eyes, by looking closely now I know what you mean, but I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. So no worries! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the bright colours with the black in the crease, very graphic! I have problems making my eye makeup look the same as my eyebrows don't grow in the same places over both eyes. Even if I wax them, etc. they are just not at the same height! I always make the mistake of "landmarking" where I put my eyeshadow in relation to my brows and then it leads to problems... I have never noticed that about your eyes, I think we all tend to be too critical of ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete