Saturday, November 20, 2010

NOTD: Veruschka by Zoya






Behold~

Veruschka by Zoya, and boy is it a mouthful.

I got this polish (and 7 others) from Zoya's website a few weeks ago when they had their buy one get one free sale.  As I had said before, I've been lusting after these polishes since they started selling them at my campus bookstore right next to the Clinique counter, so I was ecstatic to try these out at a significantly lower price.

Anyways, Veruschka is a very unique polish, at least for someone like me who is just getting into nail polish.  To me, it seems to have a dulled out metallic green.  A matte version of a matte finish.  Does that even make sense?  I can't seem to wrap my brain around it. Here is how Zoya describes it: "Deep blue-kissed emerald evergreen garnished with strong metallic shimmer in a velvety matte finish. The ultimate combination of this year's hottest trends- deep green and matte finish."  Funny thing is, Zoya categorizes it in the Metallic family. See!? Zoya is as mindboggled as me!  I took this picture to further confuse the cheese out of you folks.  My ring finger is sporting the dried version of Veruschka, and my index finger features the polish when it is still wet.






I actually considered giving this polish away because i thought it was a normal metallic green that I could find in any drugstore brand but boy am I glad to have tried it out first.


The first picture features 2 coats of Veruschka over my Revlon Base Coat.  It's actually quite opaque (rates 5 in opaqueness by Zoya) but I thought I would do 2 coats for good measure.  The nails are very messy as you can see; I didn't do that good of a job cleaning it up last night because I had taken off some swatches for the rest of my Zoya polishes (coming up soon!!) and got lazy and tired of the smell.  I used to hate how short my nails were because I thought they would never look as pretty as the girls with long natural gorgeous nails.  But I think I have learned to accept my short stubs, and really enjoy my "massive collection of nail polish for someone who used to not use nail polish."  I'm such a noob.

If you would like to purchase this product, you may do so here.

In any case, if you have tried Zoya polishes or this color in particular, please let me know what you think. It seems like Zoya is not a brand I see very much of in the beauty world these days so I would love to hear about your experiences =)

Much love and Veruschka,

Janny

1 comment:

  1. that is a mouthful, but it's a sweet color!

    Please enter my Lanvin, Jewelry & Makeup (and nail polishes) holiday giveaway on my blog!

    http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2010/11/holiday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete