Sunday, July 10, 2011
June 2011 Favorites!
Another month is gone, another bunch of favorites are due, and for yet another month I'm late on doing so. Pooh.
Well, I'll just jump right into it!
1. Zoya nail polish in Tangy. What a lovely summer color! It's bright and fun, but not obnoxiously so. The best part is the duochromity (is that a word?) and if you tilt your nails ever so slightly, you can see the orange glitter. So pretty :)
2. Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder. I admit. I got this cause it was pretty and limited edition. Of course, if it didn't work well, I would have returned it promptly. And none of this has to do with why it's a well loved product. I have been mixing foundations lately because my regular foundation has gotten too light, and I'd rather not go out and buy a darker foundation. I sometimes end up going too light, and I like to use this product to bronze up a little. It looks wonderfully naturally, and I think I could find myself using this a lot even when it gets cooler. This is adds just a perfect all over glow to my face. I like it so much that the idea of purchasing a backup as crossed my mind....
3. NARS Laguna Bronzer. Only during the summer would you find a blogger with two bronzing products in a single favorites post. I have fallen prey to this cult favorite when I decided to finally try the bronzer on at Sephora one day. I really love how this works wonderfully as a contour color or all over bronzing powder. I still like my NYC Matte Bronzer but Laguna is just so wonderfully smooth and has that hint of shimmer that I have to lean more towards Laguna.
4. Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. Ah, another cult favorite. This is Stila's best selling eyeshadow. It's a lovely peachy champagne color that is essentially a more refined glitterbomb, as it is super shimmery but is not chunky or frosty. Last month a wore a lot of smokey brown/taupe looks, and Kitten was absolutely the most perfect inner corner highlight.
5. Sephora eyelash curler. My last eyelash curler died tragically from overuse. I ran into Sephora, demanded for their best eyelash curler, and was presented with a Sephora brand eyelash curler. I was skeptical because that's like telling people you bake the best cookies in town. But!--This actually works quite nicely! I have to work really hard to pinch myself, and I can wedge this sucker right to the base of my lashes to really amp up the curls.
6. Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows. This was a very neglected palette until I decided to take on Project 7 Day Palette with it. It's funny how creative you can get when you're forced to use one palette for your eye looks. Not to say I didn't enjoy it, otherwise it wouldn't belong in my favorites. Like with all Books of Shadows, there is a good variety of colors to choose from. I'm happy to report that all the eyeshadows except for the chunky glittery ones are just lovely.
7. MAC Painterly Paintpot. In addition to smokey neutrals, I have been playing a lot with color this month. I used this product a lot because it's a nice sticky, neutral base. I can pop any color on top of it and make it look nice and bright!
I like to move it move it x]
[I have nothing to disclose.]