Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Doing Battle with a Lack of Space

Lo and behold.  This is what I have to work with when I'm at home, and it drives me insane to no end.  This is a little corner of my room at my parents' house which I share with my sister.  I have had this desk since I was 6 years old.  I use it for doing my makeup (my mom hates it when I leave makeup in the bathroom), recording videos (nobody in my family but my sister knows I do makeup on youtube cause my parents will think I'll be attacked my creepers), making greeting cards (I have as much cardmaking supplies as I do makeup and my mom hates it when I use the dining room for it), and homework if/when I come home on the weekends (too noisy outside my room).  Whew.  That was a mouthful.

This is what my desk looks like when everything is put away, that is, as put away as I can get it.  Some things just have no place to go, so I leave it on top of my plastic dresser or my desk.  When I do a project, be it makeup or cards, I like to have all my materials out in front of me so I know what I have to work with.  My collection has become so vast, that it becomes difficult to access my inventory without physically seeing it.  I've been using makeup daily for work, as well as making some late Christmas cards, so my work area right now looks a lot worse.  I'm a bit ashamed to show it to you as of now.

To make things worse, my bedroom has become a storage room.  When my sister and I moved out for college, my mom started storing stuff in here.  We have one of her dressers, a suitcase full of blankets, a mountain of toilet paper and paper towels, a few sacks of rice, all the Christmas stuff, etc.  When my sister moved back home for nursing school, with her came old textbooks and school notes and an abandoned computer.  My room is full of junk that nobody wants to throw away.  Now imagine when/if I move back home.  My sister and I will be buried alive.

I once made a commitment to clean up my room once and for all during Christmas break.  As of now, I have less than a week of break left that I really wonder how much I'm going to accomplish.  This is a huge job, but I have been working nearly everyday, while trying to keep my own work area in tact.  Everyday I sit in this room, the ridiculous amount of stuff overwhelms me.

One of these days I will get my dream space, but till then......

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you certainly are tight for space! :) You know, I bet IKEA has some cool shelving that you could get. It always amazes me in their showroom how they make small spaces work! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us wait for the time when our dream space will come! LOl, but I am sure we will get it soon.
    Love from a new follower,
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete