Saturday, May 26, 2012

My first Fyrinnae Purchase (& Swatches!)

I've heard and seen absolutely amazing things from Fyrinnae.  I don't know why it took me so long to make an order, but I finally did!

I'm an eyeshadow whore, so eyeshadows and the legendary Pixie Epoxy were my targets.  There are just so many different colors and finishes that choose from that I didn't know where to start.  The only solution, then, was to go to the master list of colors and choose the first colors that caught my eye, and keep adding items into my cart until I think it was too much.  I managed to stop myself after selecting 8 colors and the Pixie Epoxy.  The makers of Fyrinnae were nice enough to throw a sample in there as well.

My goodies arrived in a bubble mailer, and a few extra layers of padding.


This is the Pixie Epoxy as compared to a MAC lipstick in terms of size.

And behold the eyeshadows and my little swatching station.  I was very pleasantly surprised at how packed these little jars are.


All swatches were done outdoors in the beautiful sunlight, without flash.  The top row is swatched on bare skin.  The second row is over Pixie Epoxy.

Damn Paladins, Beholder, Book of the Dead

Boytoy, Callipygian, Digital Faerie

Freya, Cuddlefish, and Bloggers Beauty
All of these colors are absolutely gorgeous.  Surprisingly, I found my favorites of this batch to be Damn Paladins and Bloggers Beauty, but only by a very tiny margin.  I really can't wait to make another purchase (I like collecting...), but not until I've played with all these colors and have a few more pennies saved up.

I know I'm late on discovering Fyrinnae.  Are there any other colors that you guys think are a "must-have"?  Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. YAY I am glad you got your order :-D Faerie Glamour and Velvet Vampire (both from the Arcane Magic line) are must haves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Fyrinnae is my all time favorite company. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these are gorgeous! I can't believe I still haven't tried Fyrinnae!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Paladins is my favourite Fyrinnae shadow! Polar Bear and Rapunzel Had Extensions are must haves, imo. Tapir is an awesome liner colour, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you like purple, you've got to get Faerie Glamour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second person to suggest that. I'm going to have to check it out!

      Delete