Thursday, December 1, 2011

FOTD: Royal Sugar

One of these days I'm going to post something more useful or entertaining.  Recently, however, I have been rediscovering my Sugarpill makeup and reminded of how much I love them.  And soon, my Sugarpill order from Black Friday will arrive. Bwahahahaha!

Royal Sugar is a really in  your face blue.  It is one of the most pigmented eyeshadows I own.  It's unique in that it is essentially a matte eyeshadow with tons of specks of glitter in it.  Unfortunately, none of that glitter stayed on even with UDPP, so all you see in that photos are a matte blue.

I also blended the tiniest bit of Weekender, also by Sugarpill, over the blue so my eyelids wouldn't be such a stark blue on its own.  I highlighted my browbone with Wet n Wild's Sugar, and the inner corner of my eye with NYX JEB in Cottage Cheese.  Lined my eyes with black liner, threw on some mascara, and really, that's all there's it to it.





Face:
-E.P. Priming Moisturizer
-Aveeno tinted moisturizer in Medium
-Laura Mercier Setting Powder
-NYC Matte Bronzer in Sunny
-MAC Mineralize Blush in Feeling Flushed
-NARS Multiple in Copacabana
-Benefit Erase Paste in Medium

Eyes:
-UDPP
-Sugarpill loose shadows in Royal Sugar and Weekender
-NYX JEB in Cottage Cheese
-Wet n Wild e/s in Sugar
-UD 24/7 Liner in Perversion
-L'oreal Extra Collagen Mascara

Lips:
-Rose Tempest
-Buxom Lipgloss

Just to ramble a bit, I did this look in class.  You can pretty much always tell when I do my makeup in class, because I always use the Aveeno tinted moisturizer since it's fast and easy.  I ran into a student in the junior cosmetology class in the bathroom, and she complimented me on my makeup.  This was sort of a big deal for me because she is a professional makeup artist in cosmo school to get her license.  I also did a very dramatic Arabic look on one of my fellow classmates today (I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take a picture.  Sorry!).  I've been dying to do her makeup because she had these amazing slanted cat eyes, high cheekbones, and full lips.  I thought she looked like a model from the beginning and it turned out she was one!  She offered to introduce me to the photographer she worked with, so I am absolutely stoked about that!  I showed the makeup I did to my teacher so I could get credit for a makeup operation.  She was quite taken back, and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing.  But my classmate assured me she was pleasantly surprised.

I want to be a professional makeup artist so freaking badly.  I am always frustrated because I don't feel like I'm actively learning and getting better.  I know I have so much freaking more to learn since I started getting into makeup only a couple years ago.  Everything I have learned so far was through blogs and youtube, but this sort of education can only take me so far and I am DYING to expand my knowledge and my experience.    I have finals coming up next week, and when those are over I'll be in Montreal for a few weeks.  When I come back, I will do my best to find an intern or assistant position where I can gain some real life experience. If any of you have some advice for me, please let me know down below in the comment section or shoot me an email.

Also, I don't know if I have made this clear, but I do appreciate constructive criticism on my makeup application.  I know my techniques are far from refined, so when I post FOTDs, feel free to let me know what you like and don't like.

Thank you all for your support and patience!  Stay awesome >:O

5 comments:

  1. I love the eyeshadow combo you chose, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D00D, that lip colour is divine on you! I also like ze blue and the shimmery inner corner highlight :) Good luck with finals and getting an internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the SugarPills hauls, and welcome to the club haha!
    i'd say skip weekender on top next time so you'll turn insanely blue cuz this was fab on ya!
    Plus when wearing glasses, it's never wrong to spice a bit more since they tend to take away the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that blue is so pretty! I only have one eyeshadow from sugarpill and I wished I had ordered more during Black Friday but my money went elsewhere and I just can't have it all. :(. You are very brave to wear bold colors out. I normally do that if I am going to a party or something, lol. Otherwise, I generally keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Royal Sugar is a fabulous colour! It sounds like you are doing very well in your classes.

    ReplyDelete