Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mini Essie Haul and ChitChat!



Why hello there sexy people~

This will be a short post, but I just wanted to share a mini haul, first impression, and an observation regarding how Essie nail polishes are popping all over the place like daisies.

Last Friday I popped into CVS where I had no business being because I'm supposed to be on a makeup buying ban.  That got kind of forgotten as I spotted an Essie nail polish display in the beauty section.  There was simply no way I could walk out of the store without grabbing some polishes, seeing as I have heard so many good things about the brand but never tried it.  I settled on Coat Azure, Buy Me a Cameo, and Big Spender.  



I've kind of avoided Essie polishes at first because what colors I have seen looked pretty boring.  Boy was I wrong.  I hesitated on buying Coat Azure at first because it looked similar to my Zoya polish in Jo.  Coat Azure is a lot brighter though with less of a shimmery finish.  I have it on right now and I freaking love it.  I'll do pictures of swatches another day because eczema is attacking my hands with a vengeance right now and it's not terribly pretty.  I am VERY impressed by the formula because most polishes chip on me within 2 days.  I've had Coat Azure on my nails for 2 days now and it's still going strong.  While I have not experimented with too many nail polish brands, I think I have found my favorite.

Essie is becoming more accessible now, it seems.  In the past month I've seen a lot of bloggers talking about how it is appearing at Walmart, and now I have seen it at both CVS and Walgreens.  While the color selection is limited, there are still some beautiful shades to choose from.

Essie--you have not seen the last of me.

Meanwhile, do you guys have an suggestions for me?  Either in terms of what Essie nail polishes to get in the future or nail polishes brands you love.  I'd love to hear from you :)

Take care now!

No comments:

Post a Comment