Saturday, June 8, 2013

May 2013 Empties

Lately, I haven't been too adventurous with my makeup, hence the lack of FOTD posts that I usually overwhelm you guys with.  I have just been sticking with products that I know won't fail me and have been especially concentrating on using up products.  While I'm sick I have been reorganizing and attempting to make order to my vanity.  In the process I have been astounded and overwhelmed at how much makeup I own. I have TONS of new and barely used products so using them up is going to be a serious battle, but I've got to try.

Anyways, let's move on to the topic of this post: May empties.  I've got a good handful of items but only one makeup product.  Mark my words I will be sure to have more next month.


1. Nivea Kiss of Smoothness Lip Care SPF 10.  This is hands down my favorite lip balm--it's like lotion for your lips!  And I totally didn't realize it had SPF until I looked up the name for this blog.  Definitely a plus.

2. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50.  I'm trying to be really good with SPF because....I have sun/age spots on my face.  I was in shock when I first saw them because I don't go out of my way to tan and I'm still young (or so I think)!  The last thing I want to do in 10 years is spend half an hour each day concealing sun spots so I'm trying to be really good with sunscreen now.

3. Cover Girl Waterproof Lash Blast Volume Mascara.  Technically, I'm not quite finished with this mascara but I've been using it for four months and it really has to go.  Great thickening and lengthening mascara.  I already have backups.

4. Evian Facial Spray.  I bought this a few years ago because I thought it was a setting spray.  It's actually just a refresher spray and you use it when you feel hot and sweaty.  It also helps to make your makeup look more melted in if your powder is looking a little cakey.  I've just been using it for both purposes, and I have one in my kit.

5. Kenra Volume Spray Super Hold Finishing Spray.  I was in love with this product when I first purchased it at last year's CosmoProf Hairshow in San Jose, California.  I still like it but I want to try out other sprays.  Too bad I bought two giant bottles of it already when I was in love with it.

6. Kirkland Unscented Baby Wipes.  I go through tons of these.  I use them to wipe makeup or hairspray off my hands, to wipe off my face makeup before washing my face, and for wiping off my vanity when it gets dusty.

That's it for this month!  Did you guys finish a lot of stuff as well?  I love empties posts so if you made one and I missed it, feel free to link it down in the comment section below.

EDIT:  I just realized I have backups for everything listed in this post.  REALLY, Janny!?  Really!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment