Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May 2011 Favorites


Boo...I did this video in a hurry so I accidentally left out a few things.  But I see myself using them a lot into the summer months so they will be featured next month :)

Anyways back to the month of May....

1. Combination of Too Faced Lock down Cream Shadow in Dramarama, MAC's Satin Taupe, and Inglot matte eyeshadow in 376.  Together, this just makes such a lovely neutral toned smokey look.  Slapping this look together takes minutes, so I've been wearing this look pretty often.  I have a FOTD featuring these products if you'd like to have a look.

2. Kat Von D perfume in Saint.  My boyfriend got this for my 21st birthday and I used it regularly for a while.  I stopped using it to enjoy some of my other perfumes, but I've found myself reaching back to this one, and have been using it pretty much everyday .  It has a lovely vanilla and citrus scent, with some floral notes in it.  It's just a wonderfully fruity and yummy scent!

3. L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Carbon Black.  I needed a waterproof mascara a while back and picked this up.  I didn't use it till lately because I had been using a waterproof formula by Inglot.  I find that this mascara lengthens and voluminizes my lashes quite nicely.  It's also very black and very waterproof.  It has been raining a whole lately which does not make sense, but this stuff won't budge.  It's a pain in the ass to remove, more so than other waterproof formulas that I have used, but I suppose it is just doing its job!

4. L'oreal TruMatch Foundation.  I purchased this last summer because I wanted a darker, inexpensive foundation to mix with my current foundation to match my darker complexion.  I have had to start mixing foundations again because working outside with students during my internship has resulted in some tanning.  This stuff has phenomenal coverage, even better than my Smashbox foundation.  I has SPF 17, which is nice because it provides a bit of protection, but not too much SPF so that it does no photograph well.

5. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks in Divine.  I love all of these lipsticks, but this one I have been wearing a lot.  I picked it up because I have a thing for purple lipsticks.  This one comes out a bit more fuschia with a hint of blue, but is really lovely all the same.  I have been wearing this lipstick with a neutral eye but heavily winged eyeliner.  Definitely a fun color to wear out.

6. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.  I mentioned why I purchased this on my last Sephora Haul post, but just to recap,  I was looking for a setting powder for all skin tones and one that would photograph well.  I used this powder on two other girls' prom makeup, as well as on myself after I have gotten darker and could no longer use my light setting powder.  This stuff is lightweight and photographs quite well.  I'm really loving it so far.  For $34, it was quite a splurge but you get a lot of product and the stuff works great.

Okidoke, that's all I have for the month of May.  Hopefully for June, I will have lots of new products to feature because that is when I'll have plenty of time to do more looks.  I'm hoping to do lots of bright, dramatic looks while I still can, before I have to tone everything down and look professional in Korea.  We'll see how that goes.

Until next time, au revoir!



[I have nothing to disclose.]

2 comments:

  1. I love the color Divine! One of my current favorite lipsticks this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love purple lipsticks too, and I feel like everybody owns Divine but me! *must get it soon*

    ReplyDelete