Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FOTD: Using Yellow...

I was perusing through today's Youtube subscriptions, and watched a tutorial by eyexluvxmakeup which featured a very bright look using mostly Sugarpill cosmetics.  I decided to have a go at recreating the look, and when I looked back, I obviously had not paid close enough attention.  Also, this is my first time doing a look like this as you will probably be able to tell when you have a look at the placement of the matte yellow eyeshadow on my lids.  I didn't have a matte pink so I tried using a shimmery one, and it's just not the same.  Pooey.  Also, being the noobsauce I am, I have a difficult time making the makeup identical on both eyes especially since my right eye is slightly smaller than my left.













I JUST noticed how sexy and prominent the bags under my eyes were.  I decided to put some extra time into concealing which I rarely do and you can still see them bursting out.  I had five hours of sleep the night before trying to finish up a paper, and i don't do well with less than 8 hours of sleep.

Face
-Aveeno baby lotion
-Smashbox Foundation in Light 3
-Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer in Ivory Light 2-3.5
-Cover FX Setting Powder in Light
-NYC Bronzer in Sunny
-MAC Blush in Blushbaby
-NARS Multiple in Copacabana

Eyes:
-MAC paintpot in Painterly
-Sugarpill e/s in Buttercup and Poison Plum
-Inglot e/s in 428P and a matte purple color with sparkle that I don't know the name of
-Too Faced e/s in Heaven and Sugar Cookie
-L'oreal HIP Pigment in Fiery
-Stila Smudgepot in Starry Night
-UD 27/7 Liner in Zero
-L'oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara

Lips:
-Sephora l/g in Bronzed Beauty

May I also add that I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Sugarpill's Poison Plum?  I'm hearing so many people rave about how they wish they had purchased it before purchasing MUFE #92 eyeshadow and that just had to be bull, because I swatched #92 at Sephora and that stuff was so pigmented that it stained my skin.  Poison Plum is a whole different story....

No Flash 
With flash and technical difficulties.
On the left you see Poison Plum.  On the right you see the Inglot e/s I ended up using.  I had to swirl my finger a few times in Poison Plum to get that swatch.

Back the the topic of bright makeup, everyone seems to be sporting it nowadays for the sake of spring.  I live in California so I'm not really rushing to get to Spring because it's been pretty sunny up here.  Thoughts?  I'd love to hear them =)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those bright colors! I never get 8 hours of sleep. I'm actually lucky to get 5. People in my apartment are very inconsiderate.

    Thanks for the Poison Plum swatch. I was a little skeptical of all the raving about Sugarpill--not that Poison Plum looks bad, just not as good as people keep making it out to be. I also have to add that those look like two completely different colors to my eye. Not sure if that's just me, though, 'cause I keep hearing the comparison.

    -Vijaya
    FierceNerditude

    ReplyDelete