Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I think you look great without makeup. Why are you so obsessed with it? Do you not like your natural look? Or is there some other explanation for your obsession with it?

Oh, you flatter me, but I think you're working on opposite ends of the scale here. Just because I love makeup does not mean I'm unhappy with the way I look. I think I look fine without makeup too. At least 4 days out of the week, I don't wear makeup. At LEAST. Makeup is a form of art, an accessory. I love colors. With clothes, only certain styles and colors look good on me, whereas with makeup, the possibilities are endless. I wear it like I wear clothes. Like with different outfits, I think it's AMAZING to be able to transform oneself with makeup. I was quite skeptical about makeup at some point like you, but I learned to love it. Not because "everyone else was doing it." I actually discovered it on my own when I stumbled upon sephora.

I'm not going to lie though. I do feel more confident with makeup on. My self esteem and confidence isn't terribly high to begin with, and makeup helps with that. It's become a part of me in that it has become my passion, but certainly, it does not define me. I'm the artist and I hold the brush =)

Ask me anything

1 comment:

  1. thank u for following me on my blog <3 ur such a sweetie... i need to gear up confidence like u to b more confident when I am make up free <3

    ReplyDelete