Monday, June 7, 2010

Pre-paper writing ramble activity

So I’m doing this exercised that my professor suggested we do before doing some heavy duty writing, like the paper I’m supposed to be doing right now. The exercise is to write 700 or 750 words about anything. Just about anything. The purpose is not to have a clear concise masterpiece, but just to get the juices flowing. Quite a brilliant idea. I especially like the fact that I can write about anything, and I tend to be good at that (well duh, you’re an idiot if you don’t know how to write about anything). I considered drinking coffee or having some soda before starting to get me worked up (*cough* orange soda *cough*) but that could most definitely prove to be catastrophic. I keep getting distracted. So here I am on a Monday night hoping to get 8 pages of my research paper written out tonight and outline some of my final paper that is due tomorrow at midnight. I really don’t know how I’m going to do this but one way or another it has to happen. Then after that I get to go home to the family. I miss my sister and my mom already. I can’t wait for them to come back. Even though I spend most of my days in Davis, apart from them, at least I know they are home safe and that I can go back to them at any time. I kind of got a sense of how they felt when I left for Canada. Gosh that was a big waste of money and I don’t want to talk about that because it pisses me off. This is why I did not want to write a blog for LUUUX because I’d have to restrict myself to one topic and I’d rather just let my by brain juices run wild and free before I imprison them and channel them to this 15-20 page research paper and 6-7 page final paper. Oh and how can I forget, I still have a in class final for Thursday. Total lame sauce. I really look forward to the freedom. I always do. There is always so much I want to do during these long breaks from school and I don’t think I ever end up doing even half of them because I end up lounging around. Then at the end of my break I wonder where the time went and realize that I freaking wasted my whole break. Well, I guess it’s not a total waste in that I was able to really relax and let myself go. It is such an amazing and …oohhh crap. There’s a word I want to use but I don’t recall it. It has to do with letting go and being free. Uh…gahhh. I really cant’ recall. Let me hit my head a few times. AH HAH! My boyfriend went on google to search for it lol. Liberating. That’s the word. Although that does not seem quite right but it feels very close. What was I talking about? Oh look I’m already past 500 words. Wow >< style=""> Uh…yeah. Just being about to lounge around doing nothing is so liberating in that I don’t have to worry about a single thing. The great thing about the quarter system here at Davis is that the breaks are scheduled between quarters. So during the actual break I don’t have to worry about studying or doing assignements for classes because classes are already done for the term. It’s quite excellent. This summer I hope to be drastically more productive. Firstly I’ll have my summer job and I have NO idea how my schedule is going to be. I hope I get decent amount of hours in so that I make enough money to last a while longer, but also leave me enough time to spend with my hubby. Since it’s summer, all makeup companies are going to have shitloads of sales and I need to somehow control myself unless I want to end up living in the streets. I have quite a healthy collection of makeup right now but I’m always wanting more. I hope to have a chance to give every item a good couple of uses and be able to access how much I like the products, because I really do have a lot of stuff I have not even used yet. It will be good for me to explore what I have and hopefully get to use them regularly because I find myself using the same few products over and over again. Hopefully I’ll be able to do a review on everything that is worth reviewing. I hope to do videos every other day at the very least to makeup for my lack of activity during the school year. I’ll probably film a bunch of summer stuff first and the rest I’ll upload as I go. I’ll probably also save a few to upload during the school year, for those time when it’s too hectic to upload anyting else. I don’t’ really like doing that actually. I like to upload things as I go. But then everyone else will be uploading their stuff and everyone will be bombarded with videos to watch. HAHA. Well for the first half of summer at least I know I will be fairly busy so we’ll see how it goes. I’m currently at 900 words lol. Damn. I REALLY wish that I could write papers this fast. Instead of the one hour per page at my fastest to get things done. I’ve spent enough time on this. Time to channel them brain juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment