I am well aware that UDPP has completely new packaging and that this would not be terribly useful for some of you. However, I know many of us still have the old packaging of UDPP (at least for now!). This is not exactly a tutorial on how to depot your own UDPP, but more of a journey on how I did mine. I wanted to try it myself first before giving anybody direction, so here we go!
I have owned the XL size of UDPP for almost 2 years now. I had already taken out the stopper that removes excess product from the wand, which allowed me to continue using product directly from the bottle. Lately, however, it has been more and more difficult to get out the product, so I decided it would not hurt to cut the bottle open and see exactly how much stuff was left inside.
Now mind you, UDPP used to have a completely straight wand applicator, which made it even more difficult to get product out after a certain point. With their new slanted wand, it was supposed to make sure you could get all the product out.
Here is my SMA (Sanitary Maintenance Area). It's kind of ghetto, I know. I wanted to cut the bottle open as carefully as I could so that I would not have to shatter the bottle and get debris in the product. I cleaned the craft knife with alcohol before hand, and wiped the bottle down as well.
You see how neatly it cracked open in the bottom, but it was actually impossible to cut open with a craft knife so I used a hammer. I wrapped the hammer head in some clean paper so I wouldn't get dirt in the product.
I peeled it back and look how much product is staring back at me.
This is seriously a lot.....
No, this is not phallic imagery. I stuck the wand back in the bottle to see if the wand actually reached the product from within. Technically it's supposed to, but I don't know what happened.
And now to crack the bottle open completely....
If you thought there was a crapton of product before, I've got 2-3x the amount here.
Unbelievably satisfying digging all that stuff out. It's better than popping a zit!
Just for reference, there was originally 0.55 fluid ounces of product in the bottle.
I filled up this empty jar COMPLETELY. It holds .21 ounces of product. Meaning a little less than half the bottle is sitting in this jar, and would have gone to waste if I had not cut the bottle open.
Here is the original packaging, scraped of its innards. I couldn't fit any more product in the jar, but I could have easily used what was left here for a few more looks.
The end result! Too bad it dries out so quickly once it has been depotted. I'm going to have to somehow use this up quickly!
Let me know if you have any questions! Hope you enjoyed this post!